Are you someone who is struggling to navigate the process of applying for a police report online? Don’t fret, because we’ve got you covered! In this step-by-step guide, we’ll walk you through the process of applying for a police report online in a simple and easy-to-understand manner. Whether you’re a Nepali citizen or a foreigner, we’ve got all the details you need to obtain your Police Clearance Certificate and Police report online verification hassle-free in 2080.
What is a Police Clearance Report Certificate?
A Police Clearance Certificate, also known as PCC, is issued to Nepali passport holders when they want to apply for residential status, employment, immigration, or long-term visas. The certificate acts as a documental proof showing that there is no criminal record of an individual when they were traveling abroad. A police clearance report certificate is generally valid for one year in Nepal.
Any Nepali citizen wishing to relocate to another country is issued a police clearance report certificate. This relocation can be for long-term stay, work, or residential purposes. However, a PCC is not required for Nepali tourists who travel to other countries for tourist purposes.
Police Clearance Report Online 2080
In Nepal now, police character certificate verification can be done online. The Consular Service Department has facilitated an online application and revenue payment for verifying the police character certificate. Previously, it was mandatory to visit the Department of Consular Services office in Tripureshwar to obtain an attested police report letter with the consular department’s seal and the certifying officer’s signature.
|Authority Name||Department of Consular Services|
|Name||PCC and Police Report Verification|
|Result Date||October 2023|
|Police Report Verification Website||att.nepalconsular.gov.np|
How to Apply for a Police Clearance Report Certificate Online
For police report verification, you must have a police character certificate. You can obtain a police character certificate online or through the citizen app. Applying for a Police Clearance Report Certificate online is a straightforward process. Follow the steps below to complete your application:
Step 1: Visit the Official PCC Website of Nepal Police at opcr.nepalpolice.gov.np.
Step 2: Register on the Online Police Clearance Registration System and login to your account.
Step 3: Click on the “Apply for Police Clearance Report Certificate” link.
Step 4: Fill out the PCC application form with accurate information and submit it.
Step 5: Shortly after submission, you will receive an email from Nepal Police (OPCR) containing a password. Ensure to change this password for security.
Step 6: Take your time to complete the five-step form, providing all the required details correctly.
Step 7: Upload clear, appropriately sized photos and necessary documents as per the instructions.
Step 8: When issuing the password, carefully fill in the stamp considering page 3 of your passport. Any errors on the stamp may lead to application rejection.
Step 9: The application includes a self-declaration form where you confirm whether you have committed any crime or not. If you have a clean record, choose “NO” and proceed, but if there is any criminal history, provide all the relevant information.
Step 10: Once you have filled out all the details, thoroughly review the information provided. After verifying everything, click on “Confirm and Submit.”
Step 11: Once you’ve completed the online form, you can check the status of your application through the homepage. If it shows “Completed,” your application has been processed successfully.
Step 12: At this point, you can download and print the Police Clearance Certificate in color from your printing shop.
Documents Required for Police Clearance Report Certificate
Documents required for obtaining a Police Clearance Certificate vary depending on whether you are a Nepali citizen residing in the country or a foreigner. Here’s a breakdown of the required documents for each category:
For Nepali citizens in the country:
- Present address proof
- Citizenship certificate (Front and Back Side)
- Passport (2, 3, and 31 no. page)
- Recent passport-size color photograph
- Nabalik Pramanpatra (If the applicant is underage)
- Marriage Certificate (If married)
- Migration Certificate or Basai Sarai (If the applicant has moved)
If you are a foreigner residing or born in a foreign country, you will need additional documents, including:
- Copy of an Unexpired Passport
- Copy of Arrival and Departure stamps of Nepal (if the person is not in Nepal)
- Copy of a valid visa (if the person is residing in Nepal)
- Present address proof
- Copy of a valid visa with an English translation (if applicable)
For Refugee Applicants:
- A scanned copy of the valid refugee travel document.
- A scanned copy of the travel document displaying entry/exit stamps from the Nepal Immigration Office.
- A scanned copy of the Refugee Card.
- An official letter issued by the relevant Refugee Camp.
- One passport-sized color photograph.
How to Apply for Police Report Online Verification
You can only apply for Police report online verification after you have received the Police Clearance certificate. The police report verification is issued by the Consular Services Department of Nepal. To apply for Police report online verification, follow these steps:
- Visit the Nepal Consulate Attestation website at att.nepalconsular.gov.np
- Click on the ‘Register’ button to create a new account.
- Provide your user registration details, including Name, Passport Number, Province, District, Municipality, Mobile Number, and upload a soft copy of your Passport. Then proceed to the next page by clicking “Next.”
- Fill in all the required details in the online application form, such as your name, date of birth, email ID, etc.
- Upload a scanned copy of your Police Clearance Report. You will also need to provide the Date of Birth and Dispatch Number.
- After filling out the form, submit it online. You will receive a confirmation SMS from the Consular Service Department. You can then proceed to make the payment for Police Verification.
- Choose the Payment Method, which may include options like eSewa and Connect IPS, and complete the payment.
- Within one working day after submitting the online application, you can download and print the certified Police Character Certificate
- After successfully submitting the online form for police character certificate verification, the process will be completed within one day if the application is approved by the department.
- To download the attested Police Character Certificate report, visit the department’s website and go to the verification section.
- Click on ‘Download Attested Police Clearance Certificate.’
- Enter the reference number and dispatch number to download your Police Clearance Certificate online.
How to Pay Police Report Verification Fee Online:
Once you receive a confirmation SMS from the Consular Service Department for Police report Verification, follow these steps to make the payment online through eSewa:
- Visit the Online Payment portal at att.nepalconsular.gov.np/payments.
- Provide your Reference Number and Mobile Number in the designated fields.
- Choose the preferred Payment Method, which includes options like eSewa, Connect IPS, and any branch of Global IME Bank.
- If you select eSewa or Connect IPS, proceed with the payment process on their respective platforms.
- Alternatively, if you choose to pay through a branch of Global IME Bank, you can visit any of their branches to complete the payment.
- Once the payment is successfully made, download the payment slip as proof of payment
Police Clearance Certificate Verification Status
These steps will help you conduct a Police Clearance Certification verification status check with ease:
- Visit the Nepal Police portal at nepalpolice.gov.np.
- In the footer, select the ‘Verify Online’ option from the dropdown menu.
- Enter your dispatch number, last name, and birth date.
- Fill in the captcha accurately.
- Click the ‘Search’ button to determine if the report is authentic or not
FAQS about the Police Report Online in Nepal
What is the validity period of a Police Clearance Certificate in Nepal?
A Police Clearance Certificate is valid for one year from the date of issue in Nepal.
How can I apply for a Police Clearance Certificate online?
You can conveniently apply for a Police Clearance Certificate online by visiting the official website: opcr.nepalpolice.gov.np
Is there any age limit for obtaining a Police Clearance Certificate?
No, there is no age limit to apply for a Police Clearance Certificate. It is available to all individuals regardless of age.
What is the fee for obtaining a Police Report Verification?
The fee for a Police report verification in Nepal is Rs. 500.
What are the eligibility requirements to obtain a Police Report Online?
To be eligible for a Police Clearance Certificate, you need to have a valid Nepali passport and provide proof of your current address. The address mentioned on your passport and other documents must match your current address.